Bo Connor Park, originally called South Devon Park because of its location along South Devon Avenue, started to take shape in 1953 when Radnor School District purchased 6.8 acres from Wayne Terrace for park space. During the 1960’s additional land was purchased for a total of 17 acres (adjacent Warren Filipone Park). The park space was purchased by the Township in 1965. Today the land is divided between two parks, Bo Connor and neighboring Warren Filipone. In April 2010, the park was renamed to honor Bo Connor for his support of youth and adult recreation programs in Radnor Township. Connor was involved in area youth sports for decades and the impact he had on residents of the Township can still be felt today. To recognize the contribution and commitment he made to countless recreation programs as a coach and mentor, it was befitting to honor him with this namesake park in the neighborhood in which he was a resident.
Features & AmenitiesRestroom Access
Bo Connor Park is a neighborhood park located along South Devon Avenue. The Little Darby Creek separates Bo Connor from Warren G. Filipone Park. Bo Connor features a full size outdoor basketball court, two baseball/softball fields with bleachers, a multi-purpose athletic field with football posts, playground and restrooms. The park also features a picnic area that is available to rent for small gatherings and parties. The park is a valuable part of community life for the surrounding neighborhoods.
To access restrooms (April through October), use the combination 1-2-3. Parking is available at the Warren G. Filipone Lot. Golfing is prohibited.