History Formerly a quarry and sometimes known as “Quarry Park”, Odorisio Park was purchased by the Township in 1962. The land that currently makes up Odorisio Park was originally two parcels of land. One part was owned by the Township and the wooded portion of park near Maplewood Road was owned by Radnor School District as a potential site to build a new elementary school. When the School District decided not to build on the land, the Township purchased the parcel to create the 25 acres that make up the park today. The park was named in 1967 for Rocco A. Odorisio, a former Township commissioner from the 6th ward who was first elected in the 1950’s. The baseball field was dedicated in 2009 as Ralph DiMaio Field (as per Resolution 2009-23 (PDF) in honor of the work he did in the area and his contributions to the Little League and American Legion baseball programs for over 50 years.
Features & Amenities Odorisio Park is a large 25 acre park located on West Wayne Avenue between Highland Avenue and Atlee Road. It’s beautiful, manicured grasses contain both a baseball field and multipurpose athletic field. Gentle hills provide a seating area for the baseball diamond or just the perfect spot to take in the surrounding greenery of the park. Odorisio Park also features an outdoor basketball court and a black top area that is suitable for street hockey. This park also has a playground, restrooms, and three off-street parking lots.
Additional Information To access restrooms (April through October), use the combination 1-2-3. Acres: 25 Ward: 6 GPS Coordinates: 40 02.367N 0750 23.865W