Dear PECO Customer:
Every day, PECO provides safe, reliable, affordable and clean energy for our customers and the communities we serve. As part of our commitment, we’re replacing our existing natural gas equipment to enhance service in your neighborhood. This includes installing new underground pipe, which is more durable, enhances safety and improves service reliability.
- Work is expected to begin January 2, 2019 in the area of Orchard Way from Louella Ave to Aberdeen Ave in Radnor Township from 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- This project work may occur in roadways as well as on sidewalks and potentially on your property.
- We anticipate the natural gas main and service line installation portion of this project will be completed in 40 weeks.
- To ensure your safety and the safety of our crews, we may need to temporarily shut off natural gas service for a short period – approximately 4 to 8 hours – while we install the new service line to your home.
You will need to provide access to your natural gas appliances or equipment in your home so we can perform this work, and later that day to restore service and relight any appliances. At this time we also will be relocating any indoor natural gas meters to the exterior of customer homes.
This work will be performed by Miller Bros, a qualified PECO contractor. If you have any questions regarding this project and for scheduling purposes, please contact Joe Staedt of Miller Bros at 610-574-0010.
Any areas impacted on your property will be repaired, the streets will be repaved, and all areas will be restored to their original condition.
- We will begin to restore your property in the month following the completion of our work to install the new natural gas equipment.
- Work to repair and repave area roadways will begin within 45 days following the completion of the natural gas main and service line installation work, weather permitting.
If you are not currently using natural gas and are interested in learning more about the conversion process, please call 866-685-5665.
We will work to minimize the impact this project will have on you and your neighbors and thank you for your cooperation. If you have any other questions about this work please call 610-832-6420 or email GasWorkInquiries@exeloncorp.com
PECO Gas Operations