During these dog days of summer, it's important to stay safe by staying cool. Heatwaves, which can last several days, make daily tasks difficult for the elderly, children, those who work outside, and our pets. Take breaks, stay hydrated, and be sure to check your back seat before leaving your car. Look before you lock!
- Wear appropriate clothing.
- Stay cool indoors, if possible.
- Schedule outdoor activities carefully.
- Pace yourself.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Do not leave children or pets in cars.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Replace salt and minerals thru sports drinks and the like.
- Keep pets hydrated.
- Check local news for extreme heat alerts and safety tips.
- Use the chart below to learn the signs and use the Buddy System to help those in need.
For more information, please contact the Radnor Office of Emergency Management:
Sgt. Christopher Gluck #301
Radnor Township Police
Emergency Management Coordinator
Phone: 610-688-5606 x 107
For more information, Press Only:
Public Information Officer
610.688.5600 x 197